Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia Z1, Android 4.3 streaming video problem

Voy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello

Recent Z1 update broke phone quite a lot. I cannot watch streaming videos (youtube, vimeo ect.) through wifi ("Connection to server lost Touch to retry") and through 4G videos are locking at around 20s. Does anyone else experience this problem? Is there a solution for that?

Baseband version

8974-AAAAANAZQ-10270025-26

Kernel version

3.4.0-perf-g4f35567

BuildUser@BuildHost#1

Tue Nov 19 19:53:25 2013

Build number

14.2.A.0.290

Cheers

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Voy
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have found the problem. I had proxy set in my wifi network settings (in phone), which I didn't set.

Switched proxy off and phone worked normally, but after some time it switched proxy on again itself.

Now I know how to fix it (switch off proxy in wifi settings), but don't know how to stop it from happening again. My router doesn't have any option to automatically set proxy, so it might be websites I visit through my phone.

[Edit] Found what is causing proxy switching on

http://forum.kaspersky.com/lofiversion/index.php/t260035.html

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 is this a case of a hard reset after an update ?

Voy i'm sure a member will be along soon to assist.

Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Always worthwhile and also use pc companion to do a firmware repair.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Latest software update for unbranded Z1 is 14.2.A.1.136 - released 30 Jan 2014.

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/software/phones/xperia-z1/

Confirms forkingabouts advice

If you are network locked to O2 it will take a while to become available unfortunately because of O2's desire to "Give you the best possible user expeirience"

If you are SIM free then it should be available soon as Sony rolls out in batches to stop server overload.

If you are SIM free check in Settings>About phone>Check For Updates.

Only do this once a day though as each time you do it it sets you to the back of the queue of your batch number if it's not available yet.

If your O2 locked your gonna either have to flash it via XDA and Flashtool or just wait it out

Message 5 of 6

Voy
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have found the problem. I had proxy set in my wifi network settings (in phone), which I didn't set.

Switched proxy off and phone worked normally, but after some time it switched proxy on again itself.

Now I know how to fix it (switch off proxy in wifi settings), but don't know how to stop it from happening again. My router doesn't have any option to automatically set proxy, so it might be websites I visit through my phone.

[Edit] Found what is causing proxy switching on

http://forum.kaspersky.com/lofiversion/index.php/t260035.html

Message 6 of 6