Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia 1 II availability

SpaceInvader20
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Good morning O2 staff/gurus,

I'm waiting to upgrade to the Xperia 1 II, any idea when this will become available please?

TIA,

Chris
Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Amazon Fire HD 8
Amazon Fire HD 3rd gen
Blackberry Classic
Blackberry Bold
Blackberry Playbook
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

SpaceInvader20
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you @viridis! I've ordered the phone, expecting delivery from 18th June onwards. Need to claim the headphones using the imei number from 00:01 on the 18th.. They're an excellent spec too, 4-40000hz frequency response which is better than my Sennheiser HD595's 😊
Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Amazon Fire HD 8
Amazon Fire HD 3rd gen
Blackberry Classic
Blackberry Bold
Blackberry Playbook
Message 21 of 31

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
You're welcome,
Yeah the headphones are quite supurb, probably some of the best wireless headphones available
Message 22 of 31

pp763
Level 3: Thinker
  • 79 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So im guessing the initial allocation of stock of the handset is depleted now and if i ordered now it would be a week after launch for delivery?
Message 23 of 31

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
There is a bit of a wait for orders placed now, I think this is just a guide delay date so O2 can actually get more stock in as all of the initial pre order stock has sold out.
Message 24 of 31

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Might even come out of review retirement.....
Message 25 of 31

pp763
  • 79 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The mark 2 seems to have a lot of interest in it. More so than last years mark 1 which were plentiful at launch even with the headphone offer
Message 26 of 31

VibrantJackal
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Relating to this, I pre-ordered day one, are those orders going to go ahead as planned? The 3 week delay message had me worried something went massively wrong with the amount of pre-orders etc.

Super excited for the phone (and headphones), also for my first ever Sony phone, and been lurking here long enough to know you're one of the most likely people to know, thanks! slight_smile

Message 27 of 31

pp763
  • 79 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ive pre ordered many handsets from o2. You should be receiving yours on launch day as it took a few days for the initial stock to run out
Message 28 of 31

VibrantJackal
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@pp763 wrote:
Ive pre ordered many handsets from o2. You should be receiving yours on launch day as it took a few days for the initial stock to run out

Awesome, thanks!

Had it in my head it was gonna be ages so time was going quicker, happy to get it sooner but maybe I shouldn't have asked as now it's dragging again haha!

Message 29 of 31

SpaceInvader20
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
FYI I ordered the Xperia 1 ii with the WH-1000XM3 headphones back in June and I'm still waiting for the headphones despite having claimed for them. O2 support representatives are unavailable too, typical.

I emailed o2 and kondor about it on 29th July, no response.

Anyone else had the same problem?
Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Amazon Fire HD 8
Amazon Fire HD 3rd gen
Blackberry Classic
Blackberry Bold
Blackberry Playbook
Message 30 of 31