cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim to micro sim - transferring contact

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I've just got a Galaxy S3 and have no idea how to transfer all my contacts from my exisiting full-size sim onto the micro sim.

Any suggestions (idiot proof) please?

Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144349 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Take it to the shop mate. You're not understanding the advice we're giving you unfortunately......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you have a pre android phone you can go on there with your normal sim, then save the contacts on there then do the sim swap & still have your contacts
Message 2 of 19

MI5
  • 144349 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Did you previously have an andriod phone? If so copy all your SIM contacts to your old phone and sync with Google (just make sure you are signed into your Google account). Then on your S3, sign into the same google account and they will be automatically syncd.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Previous phone was Galaxy S2.

I'll give that a try tonight.

Thank you

Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you not just pop into an O2 store and ask them to do it via their 'sim swapper'? I had a faulty sim card, so they formatted me a new one, and even though I'd synced my contacts they checked via the sim swapper that none had been missed.

Sure the same thing could work for you, and only took 5 mins....

Message 5 of 19

jonsie
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

If the numbers are stored on the sim then Google is the best option, it's done instantly.

Message 6 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I give up! Visit to O2 store tomorrow to see if they can help.

This is confusing the hell outa me! I have a gmail account, yet when I sign in they invite me to add an account and allow me to select my choice of gmail address? Then it tells me igoogle isn't active until September 2013 Smiley Frustrated

I sync'd my S2 (maybe?) to gmail account but I have no faith in it transferring my contacts.

It should be easier than this!

Message 7 of 19

MI5
  • 144349 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
It actually is very easy, I'm not sure why it's proving so difficult for you ? Go into the main settings page and about half way down you can add an account. Add your gmail in there and you should be good to go. Why are you trying to create an iGoogle account wink ?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Main settings page of where? Phone, internet or somewhere else?

I don't want an iGoogle account, can't figure out what I have/don't have already Smiley Frustrated

It might be very easy to some but given the existence of this forum, obviously not to many.

Message 9 of 19

jonsie
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Press the bottom left menu key from the home screen. This should bring up the main phone settings.

Scroll down to Accounts and select Google. This should give you the option of entering your main Google email account. From there everything you have backed up to google should sync for you.

Message 10 of 19