cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I upgrade to galaxy s4 from iphone 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Considering changing to S4! Should I do it? I've had an iphone for years now but getting bored with it only other thing is I have iPad, MacBook and Apple TV and wondering if I will miss the sync across all devices function. Has anyone done this and can you offer pros and cons please?
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

A change is as good as a rest so they say !

With the amount of idevices you have it does sound like your in Apples Eco System wink

You should do a little homework on how to add your contacts to software such as GMail for example.

Also on what to do with any music in your iTunes. It's all available on you tube and via google on the various ways of moving data over.

The only thing I will say about the S4 is the way up to half of the reported internal capacity is taken up with the specs it has ,and that some of it is partitioned off for future updates so 16gb drops to around 8gb.

Apart from that it's an awesome device.

If you haven't used it or android yet is suggest popping down to one of the high street shops to have a play around with one before you make the jump into changing.

I've just recently started field testing phones for O2 which to date has had the Android Os ,and found the change pretty easy and didn't have to adapt too much.

Enjoy the journey and perhaps update your thread on your choice.
Message 2 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I did wonder how I'd get my contacts from iphone to s4, will have to look into that one.
is it just drag and drop to get mp3 music files onto s4? I have a programme that can get music straight off iphone to save it.
Is there a memory card option to upgrade size of phone memory?
How did you become a tester for O2? That sounds like my kind of job, love my gadgets!
Message 3 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
And another point to throw in, should I wait for the galaxy s5, which I believe is due to released in a couple of months?
Message 4 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
The phone has a memory slot but take into account only certain media can be moved to it.

I've been a member of the forum for a while so myself and a few others were invited to take part in the device loan testing trial. Awesome is it not !

I currently have the Htc One Mini on trial and have had also the Sony Xperia Z.

This is the way I look at things.

If one always waited for what's new out around the corner then one wouldn't actually make a purchase at all.

I thought about the iPhone 6 before I purchase the iPhone 5s but then re considered as something new will always be hitting the market such is the fast paced industry this is.

I buy my iPhones sim free so I'm not Locked into a long term contract so it's a little different for me. If the phone you currently have is ok and your patient then play the waiting game.

slight_smile
Message 5 of 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145057 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Wait for the S5. The leaked specs and rumours suggest this will be one hell of a phone!!
My neighbour just changed from iPhone to a Samsung and I switched all her music and contacts across in under 15 mins. It's very simple to do. You can still set auto backups on Android in the same way as your iPhone backs up to the cloud and don't be concerned with storage. You can get upto a 128gb sd card in a Galaxy - Something iPhone owners can only dream of wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 6 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just been reading about the S5, it does sound impressive and my contract isn't up until August so that's another £200 I'd have to pay upfront too. My problem is I'm impulsive and once I want something want it now, lol.
What did you use to transfer across the music etc?
Band of brothers post said you can only put certain media on the cards, what's exempt? I'd be wanting to put music, videos and photos on.
Message 7 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mr Defensive. MI5.

Lol.

I mentioned the capacity as it's been an issue in the past for some and as I said not all can be moved to a sd card.

I do however agree a sad card would be nice in an iPhone for some. Personally I've never needed the extra storage for my own usage needs. wink
Message 8 of 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145057 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
You can put anything on the sd card you like. The Galaxy range will play more music/video formats than you have got, so no worries.
I used Copytrans to get music off iPhone then sync'd it with GMusic.
Contacts sync'd to GMail.
Photos were just dragged & dropped on a laptop.
Re storage, apart from an SD card you can have as much cloud storage as you need through Google or Dropbox etc to safely store content that you can access at any time with a data connection. Only advisable to do so when on wifi though, esp if streaming music, movies etc.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 9 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was meaning apps etc.
Message 10 of 29