cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

See what you cannot do with 02

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did a deal on recycling my old 1Phone 5 with 02 for £100. They now tell me they cant find it. I told them I have proof of postage and was asked to fax it down. I do not have a fax or nearby facility. I was told to go to the 02 shop which is over 2 hours travel away return. I am told that they cannot accept a copy being sent via email?

With todays technology 02 are causing great inconvienience by using the old system of fax as ther main source of transmitting documents. "See what you cannot do with 02" should be their new communication slogan.

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124283 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

I have replied to your first post @Anonymous

It is appalling that O2 have lost your phone...however one question...did you send it to O2 or O2 Recycle?. They are two seperate companies....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 30

MI5
  • 147046 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28284 Solutions
I will make an assumption that you are still using an iPhone, so I cannot confirm the same is the case for you, but on android, there are a number of apps that you can choose from which will allow you to send a fax from your phone
https://play.google.com/store/search?q=fax%20from%20phone&c=apps&docType=1&sp=CAFiEAoOZmF4IGZyb20gcG...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Can't find it,
That's a new one
Message 5 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 124283 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Can't find it,
That's a new one

Can't find what? The link MI5 gave about the fax apps came up ok for me? I had no idea there were so many..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 30

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
cleo,
Was on about they can't find the phone...
Message 7 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 124283 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
cleo,
Was on about they can't find the phone...

LOL Duh me....Popcorn

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 30

jonsie
  • 93318 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I just love o2 recycle. Lost phone? Now that's a new low even for them. Ask them to pay anyway, it's down to them whatever they say!

Message 9 of 30

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
@jonsie is that still true? I thought it was with the sender to prove the item has been delivered before the onus passes to the receiver?

Without proof of receipt does the issue lie between the sender and the postal service?

I could be wrong so just going off what happened with me and some Amazon items, they couldn't prove they were delivered so had to issue a refund and take the issue with the postal service, the postal service wouldn't deal with me as I wasn't the sender....
Message 10 of 30