cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S8 plus - which case will fit over panzer glass?

Clur11
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've just got a Samsung S8 plus. I purchased the Panzer glass screen protector and also a Tech 21 silicone case. The problem is, everytime I put the case on the phone, it lifts the panzer glass off the screen. I've just been into my local o2 store who say they are also struggling with the same issue. They advised me of the tech 21 flip cover, said another customer managed to get it to kind of fit for them but when I've got it home, it's the same issue. So far I've spent £70 on cases with neither working. im really disappointed and upset as I want to protect the screen and the phone but it seems it can only do one thing at once. Does anyone know which case I can get that will fit over the panzer glass? Or which other screen glass I can get that doesn't have the black border. The shop told me not to touch the tech 21 screen protector as it's a nightmare to apply. Thanks in advance for you help.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I only use the thin film screen protection for the same reason.
Tech gear are good and don't bubble.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Clur11
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for you reply.

Ive just changed from the S6 and used the panzer glass, been great. But on the S8, the glass has a border round it which means that when I try and put a case on, it pushes on the glass and just lifts it from the screen. This has also meant that it's losing its stickiness.

Does the tech gear just cover the main part of the screen? Is it easy to apply? I'm just worried that if I buy a thinner protector then it won't protect as much but if that's the only way to put a case on aswell then I may have to.

I really appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
They cover the screen edge to edge.
I've fitted a few over the years so find them easy to apply, just make sure you clean screen with the alcohol wipe provided with the best kits and make sure there is not even one tiny spec of dust anywhere.
You might see some bubbles initially but you just gotta leave it alone and after 24 hours the film will suck itself down onto the screen.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232218234468 could try this I have one covers the screen and back
Message 5 of 8

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Clur11 how are you doing? Did you get a good screen protector / case for your phone in the end that fits?

Message 6 of 8

Clur11
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No unfortunately not. I'm still trying to find a screen protector that will fit with a back case. One that doesn't lift up when the case is put on. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 7 of 8

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Clur11 wrote:

No unfortunately not. I'm still trying to find a screen protector that will fit with a back case. One that doesn't lift up when the case is put on. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Sorry to hear you didn't find one yet @Clur11!

Thanks all for your suggestions. If anyone else on the community has any info please do let @Clur11 know in case it might help. slight_smile

Message 8 of 8