cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S7/S8 Video Calling

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the samsung S7 and my partner has the S8 - we've discovered neither of us can use the "video call" option - it comes up saying "video calls canot be made to this phone number"

Anyone know why!?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Use a specific video call app like Google Duo https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.tachyon&hl=en_GB
I'm pretty sure the native video calling isn't supported bt O2 and if it was, it would cost a small fortune.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Use a specific video call app like Google Duo https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.tachyon&hl=en_GB
I'm pretty sure the native video calling isn't supported bt O2 and if it was, it would cost a small fortune.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Heyjoe
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
This problem is NOT solved. 2 phones returned to samsung after oreo update.1 further one changed by o2.video calling option comes and goes in different areas and countries. But o2 continue to say its not their problem and blame samsung, who in return blame o2 .
Getting totally sick and tired of both companies. Next phone is either google pixel, or back to i phone.
Very *bleep* off customer.
Message 3 of 3