cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Note 4 cannot forget o2 wifi

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to forget the o2 wifi from the list of my available ntworks but the option is not there anymore. All the other networks are still fine I can opt for "forget" if I don't want my phone to connect automatically.

Anyone has a clue..?

See screenshot:

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't see the image you have uploaded I am afraid but I have just forgot o2 wifi on my A3 successfully. Are you in range of the o2 wifi network or connected to it - I seem to recall that you can not forget a network if you are in range (but this may be an old version of android). Also do you have the o2 wifi app installed - maybe try removing this the forgetting the network.

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

See image hee

I can do it with A3 and other phones, is just the Note 4 that cannot. It is only for the o2 wifi, any other network is "forget" ok.

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous

Have a look a this thread:

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Galaxy-S6-cannot-forget-O2-free-wireless-networks/td-p/879572/highlight/true

You might find it useful as this member was reporting having the same issue as you.

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I had a look but unfortuntely no solution.

Message 5 of 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

The only solution I know of is to turn off your wi-fi.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
It's embedded into the firmware so you can't delete or forget it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

I'm quite surprised o2 have done this. Sometimes you just don't want to connect to it. Now more is added to the o2 bloatware. 

Message 8 of 8