cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, two issues with my S3. Firstly, I cannot now seem to charge the phone while it is on. If I connect the charger, I get a strange noise (not the normal one) and the screen seems to display some sort of callender page (which I've never seen before) and does not charge. Sometimes it charges for a few seconds, and then stops and reverts to callender page. If I power off the phone, and connect charger, it charges normally. Any idea why this is happening?

Secondly, does anyone know if the main camera lens cover thing is easily replaced? Mine has two cracks in it, which means the pictures look sort of misty. I'm not sure if the thing that is cracked is the lens itself, or if there is some sort of cover that protects the lens?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi there, two issues with my S3. Firstly, I cannot now seem to charge the phone while it is on. If I connect the charger, I get a strange noise (not the normal one) and the screen seems to display some sort of callender page (which I've never seen before) and does not charge. Sometimes it charges for a few seconds, and then stops and reverts to callender page. If I power off the phone, and connect charger, it charges normally. Any idea why this is happening?

Secondly, does anyone know if the main camera lens cover thing is easily replaced? Mine has two cracks in it, which means the pictures look sort of misty. I'm not sure if the thing that is cracked is the lens itself, or if there is some sort of cover that protects the lens?

Hi,

1st, Try an alternative charger to make sure the one your using is not faulty.

If its Ok then seek assistance from 02 or Samsung to get the ports etc checked out.

2nd,  Covers are available from flea bay and tutorials exist on YouTube showing you how to    replace it , but you are in danger of invalidating any remaining warranty.

You could ask 02 if the replacement and repair is free before trying this.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

1st, Try an alternative charger to make sure the one your using is not faulty.

If its Ok then seek assistance from 02 or Samsung to get the ports etc checked out.

2nd,  Covers are available from flea bay and tutorials exist on YouTube showing you how to    replace it , but you are in danger of invalidating any remaining warranty.

You could ask 02 if the replacement and repair is free before trying this.

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that.

Have not solved the charging issue. I uninstalled the last couple of apps I had downloaded, and then it charged just fine, so thought I had sorted it! But no, it must have been a fluke, because the very next time, it was back to the fault! Oh well, I'll just charge it while it is turned off.

The lens cover thing..........Was told in o2 shop, that it would not be covered, and wouldn't give me even an estimate of the cost. Though he did mention the words ' a hundred and fifty punds'.

Have ordered new lens cover for £2.96, and will do it myself.

Thanks slight_smile 

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for that.

Have not solved the charging issue. I uninstalled the last couple of apps I had downloaded, and then it charged just fine, so thought I had sorted it! But no, it must have been a fluke, because the very next time, it was back to the fault! Oh well, I'll just charge it while it is turned off.

The lens cover thing..........Was told in o2 shop, that it would not be covered, and wouldn't give me even an estimate of the cost. Though he did mention the words ' a hundred and fifty punds'.

Have ordered new lens cover for £2.96, and will do it myself.

Thanks slight_smile 

Hi,

Your welcome.

£150 !!  Smiley Surprised You my friend was being fobbed off.

Like ive said their are tutorials on you tube but beware you do run the risk of invalidating any remaining warranty.

Message 4 of 4