Samsung Galaxy SIII - Jelly Bean update

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Update 22/10, 8:00:

Samsung has confirmed the Jelly Bean update is now available.

Update 20/10:

As you might have noticed, this hasn't gone live yet. We were expecting it to on Friday and are working with Samsung to figure out what went wrong and will update ASAP. 

Original message:

Hey Guys,

Good news! The wait time is almost over for Samsung Galaxy SIII users. From tomorrow, 19th October '12, you'll be be able to upgrade to the much awaited 4.1 Jelly Bean update over Wi-Fi or via Kies.

If you have activated the 'auto-update' feature from out of box, you will be prompted to download the 4.1 Jelly Bean update.

JB

Message 1 of 700
699 REPLIES 699

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was under the impression that doing a full discharge / recharge (calibration) on a lithium ion battery was harmful. I read that lithium ion performs better on a trickle charge? I used 7% battery just installing the update this morning.

I will run it through its normal charge cycle tonight though & see if it resolves it.
Message 451 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable

my " Software Update " is now saying * Access to the software update service is provided to users in the order in which they request it. * Does this mean i'm in the queue for the update ?

Message 452 of 700

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146003 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28089 Solutions

@micklep wrote:
I was under the impression that doing a full discharge / recharge (calibration) on a lithium ion battery was harmful. I read that lithium ion performs better on a trickle charge? I used 7% battery just installing the update this morning.

I will run it through its normal charge cycle tonight though & see if it resolves it.
Your choice, I'm just advising how you can fix the calibration issue. It's entirely up to you if you do it or not.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 453 of 700

MI5
  • 146003 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28089 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

my " Software Update " is now saying * Access to the software update service is provided to users in the order in which they request it. * Does this mean i'm in the queue for the update ?

You are in the queue for OTA update but it is availabkle on Kies immediately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 454 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone tell me why i have not got the update yet? I bought my phone from O2 online? I have tried kies and it says i have the latest firmware??

Message 455 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable

The thing is, my Kies wont recognise my S3, it says " This device is not supported my Kies 2.0.

Message 456 of 700

MI5
  • 146003 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28089 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Can someone tell me why i have not got the update yet? I bought my phone from O2 online? I have tried kies and it says i have the latest firmware??

It is CSC dependant as mentioned many times. If you have O2U CSC you will get the update, just be patient....
Message 457 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable

my csc is 19300oxablg8

Message 458 of 700

MI5
  • 146003 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28089 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

my csc is 19300oxablg8

You need to wait a bit longer then I'm afraid. Samsung are not updating SIM free phones until after the networks have completed their roll out......
Message 459 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The thing is, my Kies wont recognise my S3, it says " This device is not supported my Kies 2.0.

I had this, TWICE, on friday.

the troubleshooter that reinstalls the usb drivers doesn't fix it. It's some file/reg setting in kies itself that gets corrupted, reinstalling Kies completely seems to be the only way to fix that at the moment.

Message 460 of 700