Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ - Android Pie + One UI update

daern
Level 1: Joiner
  • 16 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It seems that this update is starting to roll out globally now, including within other countries in Europe.

Is there any timeline for when this is likely to be approved for release by O2? I understand that it will take a little longer than for other networks as O2 perform their own testing, but it would be interesting to get some idea of how long this process might take...

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

The Android Pie update for O2 S8 devices started rolling out from Jan 25th, so you should have it. Did you get your device direct from O2, or from a 3rd party such as CPW?

EDIT/UPDATE/APOLOGY - The above date was wrong and was for the S9 Pie update. The S8 Pie update was approved 28th Feb and should be rolling out imminently. See updated post here.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
@Chris_K
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 20

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

The Android Pie update for O2 S8 devices started rolling out from Jan 25th, so you should have it. Did you get your device direct from O2, or from a 3rd party such as CPW?

EDIT/UPDATE/APOLOGY - The above date was wrong and was for the S9 Pie update. The S8 Pie update was approved 28th Feb and should be rolling out imminently. See updated post here.

Message 3 of 20

CraigR
Level 4: Observant
  • 42 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Chris_K wrote:

Hi @Chris_K, got mine direct from O2 (on a refresh contract) no update for me, I have tried manual searching but no joy.

Message 4 of 20

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Can you PM me your IMEI number and the software version/build you're currently on please?

Message 5 of 20

bjmac1
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Chris,

i also got me Galaxy S8 direct from 02, no Pie Update for me either, current version G950FXXS4CRLB/G950FOTF4CRL3/G950FXXU4CRKB Security Patch Level 1 jan 2019.

Can you please advise

Many Thanks

Message 6 of 20

K8ighty3
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi, i have the S8 on a refresh direct from o2 too, and there's no pie update for me either @Chris_K

I did do a search, and so far only another competing network seems to have the pie update available in the uk, and this is via multiple sources.. just adding what i know to the table slight_smile

Quick edit.. i took a look at the notices section of the samsung members app on my phone(samsung account needed), and it shows that the S8/S8+ are only just being updated in march. Sorry if i seem like i'm being horrible chris, but i think you're mistaken about pie being available since january..

Message 7 of 20

daern
  • 16 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply. Phone was direct from O2 (corporate account). Have PM'ed you with my phone details.

Thanks,
Message 8 of 20

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

Wanted to apologise and give another update. First, the apology - my previous response got the dates mixed up... 25th Jan was for the S9 Pie/One UI update.

For the S8, the Pie/One UI update was approved and returned to Samsung last Thursday, 28th Feb, so we expect Samsung to make this available to O2 S8 customers soon... Once we approve something, it typically takes around 1-2 weeks, though can differ by a few days here and there.

My apologies for any confusion and frustration with my date mix up guys :'(

Message 9 of 20

daern
  • 16 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No problem Chris. Thanks for the clarification.
Message 10 of 20