cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S6 permanent network lock

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
Newbie seeking some advice. Recently bought a Samsung Galaxy S6 but had to return the original one due to a fault. When I sought an unlock code for the new device I was sent the unlock code for the original device by customer service. I entered it thrice without realising the error which led to the phone becoming permanently locked to O2. I have since received the right unlock code but keep getting 'nerwork unlock unsuccessful' error on using it. Have been it touch with Customer Services who have not been very helpful (quite rude and aggressive in fact) and have told me there is little they can do. I travel frequently and have to unlock the phone for use abroad. Although I have lodged a complaint with O2, I doubt it's going to get me anywhere so I was wondering if experienced members are aware of any fixes for the problem? Is there any point in approaching Samsung directly or perhaps an unlocking service on Ebay etc?

Thanks in advance

Kris
Message 1 of 56
55 REPLIES 55

Anonymous
Not applicable
@viridis this must have been the old method since there was no such warning. I requested the code over live chat and thankfully saved the transcript which clearly establishes that I was sent the wrong code
Message 11 of 56

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
@viridis this must have been the old method since there was no such warning. I requested the code over live chat and thankfully saved the transcript which clearly establishes that I was sent the wrong code

How did you originally apply for the unlock. ..?

How did you apply secondly?

Message 12 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable
@viridis applied through live chat on both occasions..
Message 13 of 56

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144715 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions

Did your email not look like this?

unlockemail.PNG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 56

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
And on both occasions you have your current imei, obtained from where?
Message 15 of 56

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
My emails for unlock codes match yours @MI5, latest one from 2 weeks ago
Message 16 of 56

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

Screenshot_2016-01-14-19-34-40.png

Message 17 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous It did and if I had been attentive enough I would have noticed that the IMEI didn't match the device. However, the email sent on my request did not contain the warning about the 3 entry thing although it looked exactly the same in all othet respects (received from mycare etc). The (very aggressive) customer agent I spoke to today suggested that it might have been cut and pasted from the old email leaving the warning bit out.But his view was that I should have known about the risks anyway from the unlock instructions for my original (faulty) device
Message 18 of 56

MI5
  • 144715 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
That's what I thought, so unfortunately it appears the responsibility is with the customer to check the details are correct before preceding 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 19 of 56

MI5
  • 144715 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
I'd still press the complaints route though in the hope they did something for me.

Currently using:
Message 20 of 56