cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S5 black screen

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

From last week I noticed that my phone screen started to freeze up momentarily, then after a day or so the screen went totally black.  The phone was still working behind the screen as I could hear notifications, but I couldn't get rid of the black screen.

The problem has got progressively worse.  I've tried re-booting time and again, I've done a factory re-set but nothing is working.  I use my phone extensively for business and I'm really unhappy about this.  

I thought it was a great phone to use but I'm really disappointed.  

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Contact Samsung for a warranty repair UK - 0330 SAMSUNG (726 7864)
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am currently having the same problem! I have tried all sorts of You Tube re-boot suggestions but nothing works and cannot get rid of the black screen which appeared this afternoon 😞 so the phone is not useable...

Let us know if you manage to sort it!

Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Same advice as above.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

You both have a 2 year warranty on your phone courtesy of Samsung so it seems a waste if you don't contact them.....I would get it sorted as soon as possible if I were you...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I will be contacting Samsung first thing tomorrow!

Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
All good with Samsung repairs @Anonymous @Anonymous ?
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, spoken to them yesterday and I'm waiting for them to send me the postal details so they can have the phone and check it out... fingers crossed! However such a pain in the meantime with no spare phone!

Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

So to update you!

After a few calls to samsung... first I was told the phone had been repaired and was being sent back to me (last week). Chased up yesterday as my phone had not been returned and was then told by samsung that it had not been repaired and they had sent me a quote for the repair as it was 'out of warranty'!Basically because the phone had cosmetic damage- scuff to top left and the cover for the charger point had fallen off, they would not look at the fault in question (black screen!) until the cosmetic damage had been repaired at a cost of £153!!  😞

Anyway decided that it was only going to cost me £160 to buy out my 02 contract and get a new S6 phone... so I decided to do this and told samsung to just return the phone... Anyway today my 'broken' phone has been returned from Samsung and has returned to life! aarrgghh! 

I now also have a new phone being delivered any minute now from 02 to which I cannot return and get a refund of my £160 as I brought out my contract...! not having much luck am I!!

Message 9 of 12

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Recycle the S5 and get some money back on it.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 12