cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S4 - Stuck in restart "loop"

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Galaxy S4 that i have had since Sept/October.

Recently, it has randomly started to shut down while i am looking at photos/browsing the web/playing games. When it does this, it restarts, the samsung logo shows on the screen, then it vibrates, restarts again etc etc...

The only way to stop this is to take the back off, remove the battery, leave it for a few minutes, then put the phone back together again and switch it on. If i do this too soon though, the phone starts the restart "loop" again?

Anyone have any ideas?

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes the battery is faulty. Contact samsung support and they will guide you on what to do
UNITED KINGDOM
Monday - Saturday: 9am - 6pm

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would say it's the common battery swelling problem that was on some s4s had it myself if you lay the battery flat on the table does it rock from side to side and does it look swollen I'm 99% that's what it is you need to contact samsung support who will tell you where your nearest service centre is then take battery and phone and they will replace the battery

Have a look at this

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s4-battery-problems-samsung-offers-free-battery-re...
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes! It appears to rock slightly, should it be completely flat?

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes the battery is faulty. Contact samsung support and they will guide you on what to do
UNITED KINGDOM
Monday - Saturday: 9am - 6pm
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Damien - very helpful.

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your welcome hope you get it sorted slight_smile
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mines was bought around the same time and has the exact same problem as you describe. I have contacted the help centre and they will only let me send it away to be looked at by an engineer.I have a son with Autism and need my phone...can't do without it for a week or so....am soooo angry! This is clearly a fault in their phones! I really do not know what to do :((((
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I would contact them again explain your situation and say you need to go to one of there service centres they should allow this push for it tell them it's the well known battery issue
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey....yeh I did that..said It wasn't just an inconvenience but an absolute necessity that I had my mobile at all times, and I read out this post to him as well, but still got told my nearest place was Edinburgh and I come from Morayshire.
I wished I had kept with my Blackberry. Not even as though I can put this sim in my old Blackberry as they are different sizes. Thank you for your reply x
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm sorry to hear that the only other option of course is to buy a new battery but that will cost you around. £30
Message 10 of 12