Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S4 Overheating Issues.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I got my phone on the 25.7.2013.

Two days ago, my little girl ran over it and cracked all the screen which led to glass shattering everywhere. I have insurance, which I pay 12 pound a month for, I rang them and they sorted it yet said I still have to pay an extra 60 on top for claiming fees.. which I can't say I was happy about! Anyways, they sent me a new phone yesterday and since then I've had nothing but problems with it. I had put it on charge overnight on my bedside table, and round about half 4 I had woke up to check the time and the screen was red hot to a point where I have burnt my hand because of it. I am fuming because I have a child to think about, if she'd of managed to touch the phone it would of been a lot worse to her when it would of been to me. But now my phone won't turn on because of this. Has anyone else had the same problem? Will they fix this without me paying another 60 pound again? 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Although I doubt you're using or even able to use the phone I would certainly cease to do so or even consider it.  Don't even attempt to charge.  If the phone is getting that hot I'd consider it a fire risk.

I'm confident you'll get given a replacement free of charge as the replacement you have is not fit for purpose -- but highlight it as soon as possible.

Jonty.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm no expert on mobile phone insurance (and you haven't said who your actual insurance is provided by), but the way I would see it is this:

If you buy an electrical product new, you generally have 28 days to return if faulty for a replacement (not repair) or refund. Through your insurance you have been provided with a new electrical item, and therefore if that is deemed faulty within 28 days it should be replaced for another new unit free of charge.

The 'small print' of your policy may offer further guidance, but this is how I would explain it to the claim handler, and don't be afraid to shout / demand to speak to a supervisor if you don't get the response you want.

Let us know how you get on.

Message 2 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

If they have supplied a faulty replacement the onus is on them to replace it at no further cost to yourself. Call them as advised above.

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Although I doubt you're using or even able to use the phone I would certainly cease to do so or even consider it.  Don't even attempt to charge.  If the phone is getting that hot I'd consider it a fire risk.

I'm confident you'll get given a replacement free of charge as the replacement you have is not fit for purpose -- but highlight it as soon as possible.

Jonty.

Message 4 of 4