cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini not waking up

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had the S3 Mini for 6 weeks now but twice last week I could not wake it up by pressing the power button, or any other button. The screen remained blank and unresponsive. The first time I restarted the device by dropping the battery and the second time by holding in the power button for about ten seconds, which forced a restart.

Once working again, battery life was at the expected level so nothing had flattened the battery.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? I could not find anything in the Community when I searched.

I will make a warranty claim if it happens again or it is confirmed as a known issue by the Community here.

Thank you

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Out of that list I'd try removing Avast first.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Battery saving apps or other apps in conflict with system settings are common causes. Also hardware issues with faulty battery contacts etc.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok lets start from the beginning. Most issues are software related so lets have a look at those first.

What version of Android are you cureently running?

Being a new toy have you added lots of Apps? What are they? Any updates recently?

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Juice defender, green power, facebook....?

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

BBc Iplayer, Sky Go and angry birds space......?

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for the suggestions so far.

I thought it might be the battery until the second occurrence, when I was able to restart the phone simply by holding the power button down for about ten seconds.

My Android version is: 4.1.1

I have avoided an app-fest by only downloading apps as and when I need them. As well as a couple of banking apps I have: Avast!, Evernote, Airdroid, Olive Tree Bible & Whatsapp.

The preinstalled apps I use regularly are: Flipboard, Ebay S-Planner and Email.

I normally return the phone to the home screen before putting it down.

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Out of that list I'd try removing Avast first.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7