cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2 keeps switching off and apps crash...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Has anyone had this problem with Samsung Galaxy S2 - basically is keeps switching itself off.

It stays on while it's plugged in, but 5 minutes after removing the charger, it switches off without warning.

As well as that, the apps keep crashing. Besides the internet (which was pre installed on the phone) and GMail, none of the others work. Clicking the icon just brings on a black screen and then a crash report.

And finally, it's wiped all of my contacts.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Yes, very simple and much quicker than sending phone in. I can't guarantee it will fix the issue but it will be the first thing that the repair team will try anyway. To start off I need to know what firmware you are on then I can direct you to the relevant downloads. Dial *#1234# into your dialer and let me know what it says. You can PM me if you prefer to do so.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

It says...

PDA: I9100XWKF3

PHONE: I9100XXKE7

CSC: I9100O2UKG2

BUILD INFO: Thu Jun 9 18:16:44 KST 2011

Message 12 of 19

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
OK. Go here and create a free account, then log in http://www.sammobile.com/

Then go here and download the firmware http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=8&view=4914

Then go here and scroll down to "additional files" and download where it says "flashprogrammes" http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=3&model=GT-I9100&pcode=O2U&os=1&type=1#firmware

If you have not already done so you need to install the drivers (also on the above link under "additional files").

Let me know when you have done all this.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just downloaded all of those files now.

Edit: On opening the folders, I see some .exe files. I only have a Mac, so I'm guessing this won't be straight forward!

Message 14 of 19

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I only have a Mac, so I'm guessing this won't be straight forward!

Doh !!! Try this instead http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/JSP and choose the Mac download.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, that's downloaded and installed.

Message 16 of 19

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Hopefully now you can open the Kies programme and connect your phone to your Mac with the data cable. Wait a while for the drivers to install and you should be offered an update to your software.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Annoyingly, Kies keeps crashing before it registers that the phone is connected.

Message 18 of 19

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Kies is quite fussy, which is why I went a different route with you originally, however, your only hope is to persevere with Kies or send phone into a repair shop. Try removing and reinstalling, rebooting PC, connection troubleshooter etc....

Sorry, not much more to add...

Currently using:
Message 19 of 19