Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S6 unlock

Andy7
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have an old s6 locked to o2, how can I unlock it so my mum can use her Vodafone simcard in it.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Andy7 

If the phone is no longer registered in your MyO2, try submitting the manual form https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Andy7
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi
I am sick of keep inputting my details and 3-4 times now they say the answers to my security questions do not satisfy them.
I am sick of dealing with these idiots. There is no way they have any interest in unlocking phones for free - why should they?
Just to be clear my work gave me an o2 SIM card and I put it in my mum’s old s6 which is locked to o2 from when she had a contract years ago. Everything was fine until my work changed over to Vodafone last year which obviously made my handset inoperable. It’s a old s6 it’s worth *beep!* all and I just want to use it as my work phone.
Online I got quoted 40 quid to unlock it which is a joke. Looks like it’s only fit for the dustbin?
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Andy7 

You can reset your security question in your MyO2 and it is different to the password you use to sign in.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5