cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S6 edge Unlocking Nightmare!!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anybody help, I recently upgraded from the S6 edge to the S8 plus I asked for the s6 edge to be unlocked and was passing it on to my Mum, I got the unlock code from O2 when putting the Virgin SIM into the S6 edge this message appeared " SIM network Pin blocked enter SIM network Puk " I contacted O2 on live chat and was advised to take the phone into any store and they would unlock it for me. I went yesterday and was the lovely man there tried to help however he had no joy he requested a new unlock code and advised me that it should work if not to return today and he would sort it. I received the new code and tried again the sand message appeared, I went back to the O2 shop as advised and the man I saw the day before had gone away on Holiday 😞 another O2 assistant tried his best to help he really did however he didn't know what to do. I've spoke to a O2 guru on live chat whilst in the O2 store and he also did not know what to do.......He said he would raise a complaint and somebody will be in touch in the next 10 days!!!!! . I would be really very grateful if anybody could advise me of what to do My Mum is now without a phone . I'd really appreciate any help.
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It's asking for the PUK of the virgin sim.so you need to contact virgin customer service.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Not sure whats happened @Anonymous but PUK means Personal Inblocking Key..so it looks a if you may have blocked the handset and you need to follow this guide to unblock http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/getPUK/welcome This is the process for unlocking an O2 phone....

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1014131

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It's asking for the PUK of the virgin sim.so you need to contact virgin customer service.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

slight_frown

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Yes it's definitely the virgin sim blocked. It should be an 8 digit pin and only virgin customer service can help unless it's available via their website. 

Message 5 of 5