cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S5 Lollipop is simply terrible

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd prefer to use other words in the title but I'd probably be banned.

So I took a chance an updated without looking at what I was about to install beforehand.

Noway was I expecting the childish colours that make me sick in my mouth everytime I send a text or look up a contact.

Seriously... who thought these colours were a serious option. This is a big mistake for the developers as there is no option to change... oh and I can't rollback to kitkat without odin and a potential void of the warranty.

It should be an option now to choose OTA installations and roll back or choose an OS. Just as you choose a distribution for servers, dedicated boxes and VPS from a data centre.

Video streaming playback has also changed, I assume codecs are different. This is so frustrating as I can't view contact I used to with kitkat.

So in my view LOLLIPOP IS S**T and a pointless upgrade bar a few small benefits.

I'm sure others have noticed the battery drain also.

So... If you could, please hurry up with a new update. I want my phone to continue to look like it did when I bought it, regardless if it is slightly faster.

And the Recent Apps section although now 3d carousel type.... looks pants and bland.

This is a downgrade, make sure to check it out before you install!!

mac
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hum...I wonder what our android fans think?

@MI5  @jonsie  @Cleoriff   @Anonymous   @viridis   @Bambino 

Message 2 of 38

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23521 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

I think it's only one person's opinion. My phone is running Jellybean, and my tablet KitKat, so it would be difficult to make a proper comment, but some of my apps now use Material Design, and I like it. As it's a relatively new OS, there are bound to be bugs, and updating without doing any research about what you're about to get, isn't really a good idea. I'm sure Google is taking the feedback they get and will make changes as they go along.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is their some form of feedback site to pass this to Samsung.

The same option that I use for Apple Feedback etc.
Message 4 of 38

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Hate to tell you, any update they hurry up with will still look the same.
Message 5 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
As the Note 3 does not yet have Lollipop I'm afraid I couldn't comment as yet @rosadosc.

My S4 also has yet to be upgraded. But if it ain't great. ...... i might not bother.
Message 6 of 38

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124199 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

My Note 3 is running Kit Kat I think....(is 4.4.2 Kitkat?)  If so...that's what I have  LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes @Cleoriff you are running on kitkat currently.

I believe the Note 3 rollout is planned for later in February
Message 8 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 124199 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes @Cleoriff you are running on kitkat currently.

I believe the Note 3 rollout is planned for later in February

See...I am not as daft as I thought....Fear I will ignore the update until everyone is happy with it..(That could be a long time then) Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 38

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146924 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions
Some like change, some don't, fact.
For every one person that hates it 10 will like it and vice versa.
Personally I like the material design theme and I'm sure the choice of colours will be introduced into later stock roms as it is now with the CR that I use.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 10 of 38