cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S5 Lollipop is simply terrible

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd prefer to use other words in the title but I'd probably be banned.

So I took a chance an updated without looking at what I was about to install beforehand.

Noway was I expecting the childish colours that make me sick in my mouth everytime I send a text or look up a contact.

Seriously... who thought these colours were a serious option. This is a big mistake for the developers as there is no option to change... oh and I can't rollback to kitkat without odin and a potential void of the warranty.

It should be an option now to choose OTA installations and roll back or choose an OS. Just as you choose a distribution for servers, dedicated boxes and VPS from a data centre.

Video streaming playback has also changed, I assume codecs are different. This is so frustrating as I can't view contact I used to with kitkat.

So in my view LOLLIPOP IS S**T and a pointless upgrade bar a few small benefits.

I'm sure others have noticed the battery drain also.

So... If you could, please hurry up with a new update. I want my phone to continue to look like it did when I bought it, regardless if it is slightly faster.

And the Recent Apps section although now 3d carousel type.... looks pants and bland.

This is a downgrade, make sure to check it out before you install!!

mac
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Dont seem to have those settings on my S5
Message 31 of 38

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124238 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
http://www.androidpit.com/android-5-0-lollipop-silent-mode

I see in that link you have provided @MI5 they are asking this question...

Are you frustrated by the lack of silent mode in Android 5.0 Lollipop? Do you think Google should release an update to reinstate the feature?

How would users get them to reinstate this?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 38

MI5
  • 146975 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
You can send feedback directly if you have a Nexus device in settings > about phone > send feedback.
For non Nexus devices you should contact the manufacturer.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 33 of 38

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ive found a better way

If you have the sound button in the notification bar, when you press it it will go to vibrate. If you then go to settings and turn all the vibrations intensity to zero, it works just like Silent mode does
Message 34 of 38

jonsie
  • 93274 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

@paulbacon wrote:
Ive found a better way

If you have the sound button in the notification bar, when you press it it will go to vibrate. If you then go to settings and turn all the vibrations intensity to zero, it works just like Silent mode does

Good tip slight_smile

Message 35 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

Generally it's okay but there are a few things that just infuriate me.

The removal of the silent/mute function is driving a friend and myself, who have both recently changed to the S5, insane!! It's such a useful and easy thing to flick on or off. I know there are workarounds but they're such a pain.

The other thing that's usetting me is that i can't turn the notifications off of the lock screen while leaving it on the status bar as i had on my S3. I don't want huge squares telling me that i have a message on my front screen when a symbol on the top bar will do the job. Why can't i choose to have it on EITHER the lock screen AND/OR the status bar? Again it may seem to be trivial but it is rather frustrating as i get either my full message showing up or a huge message saying that i have a message and that the info is blocked 😞

Message 36 of 38

Arnie440
Level 1: Joiner
  • 18 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Seems Samsung have dropped an update, not to the Android version but touchwiz I guess as the 'mute' functionality is back as it was in Kitkat. Can't find a changelog for any other changes.
Message 37 of 38

MI5
  • 146975 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
Mute option was always there in the vanilla version, it was only Samsung that decided against it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 38 of 38