cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S3 wireless charging

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone used the wireless charging kit for the S3 (Airpulse)? I have one, but I cannot get it to charge. The blue light comes on, on the pad, and I have the new back on the phone. Is there something I am missing? Is there something I need to have turned on or off in settings, in order to charge this way?? Or is the whole thing just a scam? The reason I have one, is that my charging port does not work. I have been removing battery, and charging externally. I thought this would solve this problem, and it would, if I could get it to actually charge! Any help welcome.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Yes, it could be part of the main circuit board inside the phone that has failed.

Needs to go to the phone hospital I reckon and clearly not a problem with the charger.

Let us know how you get on.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Update. Just put the new back on another S3, and placed on the charger, and it works just fine. So, I'm guessing the reason mine won't work, is the same reason it won't charge in the normal way?? I thought that the problem was with the port, but maybe the problem is something else, and in fact, the charging port is fine??

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Found this on a site.

"After testing this out for a few days, I found out a few interesting things. Firstly, the placement of the phone on the pad has to be pretty specific.  You need to roughly line up the Qi logo on the plate with the centre of the back of the phone.  You’ll know when you get it right as you will feel a slight magnetic tug drawing your phone on to the charger."

heres the link to the full site.

http://androidspin.com/2013/06/17/review-bitmore-airpulse-wireless-charger-kit-for-samsung-galaxy-s3...

Edit : Was in the middle of replying when you reposted  wink

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. Tried all that. The wireless charger is actually not that fussy where you place the phone. Tried it with the wifes phone, and someone at work who also has an S3. It just won't work with mine. Like I said, I though it was the charging port that had gone, but as the wireless charger does not use that, it must be something else. Cannot be the battery itself, as that charges fine in an external charger (have also tried different battery in my S3).

So.........has anyone come across this before? A phone that just will not charge? I presume it isn't worth doing a factory re set? I'm guessing that it is just a 'mechanical' fault inside the phone somewhere??

Message 4 of 8

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Yes, it could be part of the main circuit board inside the phone that has failed.

Needs to go to the phone hospital I reckon and clearly not a problem with the charger.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@perksie wrote:

Quick update on this one! Got phone back yesterday, after it's trip to the hospital. Seems to be working fine, and is now happily charging on the wireless plate. Everything lost of course, but have re installed most of the apps I'd previously had. 

Think I wil always charge wireless from now on. Don't think I will ever put a lead into the micro USB again! Oh, and the phone got fixed two days before warranty expired Smiley Very Happy Thanks for the advice.

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Quick update on this one! Got phone back yesterday, after it's trip to the hospital. Seems to be working fine, and is now happily charging on the wireless plate. Everything lost of course, but have re installed most of the apps I'd previously had. 

Think I wil always charge wireless from now on. Don't think I will ever put a lead into the micro USB again! Oh, and the phone got fixed two days before warranty expired Smiley Very Happy Thanks for the advice.

Hi and Thank you for taking the time to re post.

Two days before your warranty expired - How lucky was that.   slight_smile

Best buy a Lottery Ticket this weekend !  wink

Good to hear all is now well.

Take care.

Message 7 of 8

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh, and the phone got fixed two days before warranty expired Smiley Very Happy Thanks for the advice.

Good news, happy to help out with the correct advice! wink

Message 8 of 8