cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement phone - no charger?

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I have been having issues with my LG G5, keeps having a constant loop of the start up screen and wont stay on. I had also recently cracked the back camera lense so thought I may aswell send that off using my insurance. 

there was no more LG G5's in stock, so offered to replace with the galaxy s7 edge which I thought was great. 

Delivered today, and was just handed the phone, no box, no charger or anything. So how exactly am I meant to charge this? Last time I had a replacement phone off my insurance was in June, this was a refurb of my G5 and arrived in a sealed box with a charger. Why hasnt this been the same this time?

Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
O2 do not supply chargers with many of their phones anymore.
You can use the LG charger to charge the Samsung though.
It's supposed to cut down on waste as O2 assume everyone has chargers lying around unused.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
O2 do not supply chargers with many of their phones anymore.
You can use the LG charger to charge the Samsung though.
It's supposed to cut down on waste as O2 assume everyone has chargers lying around unused.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 19

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

It sounds like ayou have been given a reconditioned phone or one returned as unwanted. Did you not even receive a USB lead?

Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Surely it should at least come in a box? I've had 3 replacements this year, and never has a phone just been given to me without any packaging

Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

no usb lead, literally just the phone as it is. 

Message 5 of 19

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
You would have to check with the insurance company what they send but mostly they will be refurbished devices.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 19

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

I find it wrong on so many levels that no charger is included these days. We've all heard the horror stories about spurious chargers and their use.

Message 7 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive had refurbished devices before, but even they came in a box. if its not sealed how am i meant to know if its been tampered with? 

Message 8 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I find it wrong on so many levels that no charger is included these days. We've all heard the horror stories about spurious chargers and their use.

Agree...even old chargers that folk might have lying at the back of a drawer could also be suspect in my opinion.... Ridiculous unsafe practice. Pay 100's for a phone and then add to the cost by having to buy a charger...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 19

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Obviously you can't tell, but neither can we know on here what was sent to you.
Call your insurance and ask them what was sent.
If they say a sealed box then you know someone has been messing with it.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 19