cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repairs Centre

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

My HTC 0ne M9 had a fault with the heahpone jack working intermitantly but I bared with it, then the screen packed in as well. After speaking to o2 I returned it for repair. After a few days i contacted them and I was told the repair had been covered under warranty and had a new screen, vibration motor and headphone jack fitted all under warranty.I then received teh phone back a few days later with a letter stating no repairs had been carried out and it had "possible" water damage. Do I have any comeback with this as I was expecting a working phone returned now have to forl out for a new one. I have asked for a full engineers report and pictures of any water damage as  it hasnt been submerged in water and has been well taken care of

Message 1 of 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122764 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Have you any confirmation of the fact they told you it had been repaired with a new screen and headphone jack etc? This water damage issue is quite a common report with Anova .....If you wish to complain follow this route http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I would give HTC a call and see what they advise http://www.htc.com/uk/support/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

That means they havent likely repaired it. We hear this all the time on here about o2 repairs contractor. Did you take any photos of the condition of the phone before you sent it off? We always recommend you send it straight to the manufacturer

You could complain to o2

www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 2 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup letter that came back with it stated that it was'nt reapired and had "possible" water damge from having it in my pocket when its raining or being in the bathroom when I've been in a bath. It has done neither, I did take pictures before the phone left bu the was no damage and the water indicator hasnt been triggered either, only difference on return is they have removed the screen protector. I compalined on a chat with o2 and now getting  a refurb handset for £100 which is good but still unhappy. I hoping I get the report as I am an engineer who now runs repair centers for a large multi national company (not mobiles) so will be interesting to see what they have to say , that fact I wasnt quoted a repiar price or new handset cost if the repair was chargeable was poor. 

Message 3 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122764 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Have you any confirmation of the fact they told you it had been repaired with a new screen and headphone jack etc? This water damage issue is quite a common report with Anova .....If you wish to complain follow this route http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I would give HTC a call and see what they advise http://www.htc.com/uk/support/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hope you get it sorted my friend. Speak to HTC & im sure theyll sort it to a better resolution for you

Message 5 of 20

jonsie
  • 93150 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
More phantom water damage ??
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 20

jonsie
  • 93150 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions
Message 8 of 20

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Ah yes, party bonus !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Christmas special commission innit

Message 10 of 20