cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register my Number after porting.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I set-up an account with a SIMM only pay&go (call it phonenumber1). I then ported an old number across. I can't register this new number (phonenumber2, the ported number) with the account that I had already setup! If I go through registration again, it says that (and correctly) the email address is already registered. How do I get the ported phonenumber2 associated with my account. Remember as I ported, I no longer have access to the old number.

Thanks,

Pádraig.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144962 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27807 Solutions
It sounds like something hasn't worked in the porting or registration process so the only way to be sure is to call CS on 4445 or try live chat from the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page.
Let us know how you get on please....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144962 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27807 Solutions
If you ported a number it is replaced on the account that you ported to, so the same log in that you used for number 1 should now be associated with number 2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

The 'contact number' on my account is the old number, where do I go to check that the correct number is associated with the account. When I go to my products, it says none are registered. I think the pay&go package I initially bought has not been linked the number; all my texts and calls are being charged!  Th eguy in the O2 shop set it up iniitally. All I have done is the active 2020 text. Is there a way to force this or go from scratch? I can't re-register as it says the email (correctly) is already taken.

Appreciate your time,

Pádraig.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144962 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27807 Solutions
It sounds like something hasn't worked in the porting or registration process so the only way to be sure is to call CS on 4445 or try live chat from the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page.
Let us know how you get on please....

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4