Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redmi Note 10 pro. WiFi calling

Micklepickle
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Phone about 4 months old, and within a few weeks, new to O2. I was with 3 for several years prior.

Can't get WiFi calling to work with O2.  Done all the software update, checked the WiFi calling settings and all switched on...  Googled myself to death about it.  I work offshore where there is obviously no signal and rely on WiFi calling.  Can't get this to work.  Went back to my old trusted Huawei Honor where it did work WiFi calling with 3, and the O2 sim won't work, so I'm convinced it's O2 sim that's stopping it.   Can u help me to sort this out.  If not I'm going to him O2 and go with someone else.   Cheer Mick

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Micklepickle 

Firstly you need to contact O2 to activate Wifi calling on your account. Use any number in this guide

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Once that's done then you can turn it on yourself in MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

wifi calling myo2.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 12

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Micklepickle 

That phone is not on the list of devices supported by O2. 

https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I checked that first and thought it was supported. However the Pro is a different model. 🙄

Redmi.JPG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Micklepickle Unfortunately, as it's been 4 months since you got the phone, you would still be responsible for the remainder of your contract if you decided to leave O2. You might be better off selling the Redmi and buying a phone that's on O2's WiFi calling compatible list rather than cancelling.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 12

Micklepickle
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Stupid App!   wrote this three times.  Then keeps asking me to log, but already logged in, then Deletes my reply. 

So sorry for the terse reply. 

Very disappointed.  Three do it but O2 dont. Fortunately I own my phone outright.  SIM only deal will get cancelled today for another provider who can do this.  Billion pound company with penny software.  

Thanks again. Mick

Message 6 of 12

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Micklepickle

Out of curiosity have you spoken to Xiaomi at all??  As is the Note 10 5G is supported so should the Note Pro.. 

I know from talking to Lenovo about the Motorola Devices and the absolute cluster***** that is the Virgin Mobile Network that sometimes Networks have to request access to WiFi calling and 5G from that manufacturer, as sometimes they don't get the information from the networks....

Unfortunately all networks do this mostly with Chinese phones from Xiaomi and BKK Brands as the software support is an absolute joke... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 7 of 12

Micklepickle
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

There was an option to buy the Redmi 5g phone but didn't as I like the pro, albeit only 4g.  My old Hauwai honer 10 phone did work with Three WiFi calling but won't with new O2 sim.  So it's gotta be the SIM.  Other people have subsequently told me they have WiFi calling issues on O2 even with Samsung Galaxy.  But then work with other providers.  Feel really let down, as long as I can remember I've used HTC and hauwei phones they all worked on Three.  It's because I live with **** signal with Three I thought I'd upgrade to O2.  This is a Downgrade unfortunately.   

Mick

Message 8 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Micklepickle 

I'll tag @Chris_K to this thread. He works for social media and will know if the Redmi Pro IS supported. Sometimes the website takes time to update. He will be on tomorrow, so let's see what he has to say.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 12

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hi there,

I just replied to a similar thread about a different device here, and I'm afraid it very much looks like the same situation. With any new 5G device, we ensure it supports Wifi Calling and we'll work with the vendors to make that happen, but with this device, unfortunately it is a different model (and not one we've ever ranged) and it will be running on different software builds, so the fact Wifi Calling is supported on a similar model is no guarantee it'll work on others I'm afraid.

I'm confident this isn't an issue with the sim or network, but a compatibility issue that will likely be down to the software not supporting our particular implementation of the feature on the network.

Really sorry for any disappointment this may cause

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 10 of 12