Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quirky SIM card for new smartphone . Ive joined the club

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi    Ive really joined the realms of the smartphone users.  And we are underway.  However ......

Being a quirky older rabbit with a propondancy to deafness I use my phones differently to smart young things . 

I'd like some advice form wise ones.

1 My phone is an amplicomms   Power tel M9500. ( for older rabbits with hearing devices)  Now I'm not going to use this as my main phone. This will be a amplicomms M7500i .  This phone has my sim card in

it is monthly pay monthly  for £5.30 ish

2 Im inclined to get a free 02 sim payg  card so I can use the phone when out and about or on holiday.

a few emails

3 My present sim paym always has over 2/3 text unused,  only 5 calls made  and no data.  

Im not going to use the smartphone as much  but will need to use some data  for whats app. , a few emails, and some searches eg trip advisor , browser queries etc

4 So what do the wise ones ,who understand this mode of operation, suggest in the way of sim for smartie phone.   

PAYG  while i get a feel of its use.   (how does when get flagged up if getting close to edge of use)

PAYM  

or ?   I will need a new sim as i dont want to hsift the sim between phones. Family can handle 2 phone numbers

PS Scottish ancestry      -  so wasting dosh is nay an option wee bairns. x

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Personally, I would go with the Classic PAYG https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go#simtype=classicpayasyougo which is currently 5p per min / per text / per mb of data, but will soon change to 3p / 2p / 1p so is good value for low users.
You can always check your balance by typing *#10# and press the call key.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Personally, I would go with the Classic PAYG https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go#simtype=classicpayasyougo which is currently 5p per min / per text / per mb of data, but will soon change to 3p / 2p / 1p so is good value for low users.
You can always check your balance by typing *#10# and press the call key.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Ok M15. Sounds good. Ill watch for the 3p :-). Gives txt ,phone, data as payg ?. Im using the Smartie now, getting the hang of it. Wots App my son whos in Brum this week. Getting 2 b trendy rabbit
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Yes you get all services and the new prices come into effect from tomorrow (18th Jan).

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
3 2 1 card obtained today . M!5
The guys were polite (despite my having lost 20.00 previously & being gently annoyed.) Your recommendation was shown, my explanation given. After a top up shortly, Otherwise all is well. Brill M15. x
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Well done slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6