cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about JB on Galaxy Note.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys, I have the Galaxy Note (the first one not II), and still don't have the JB OS. My brother has the same phone and he got his OS updated to 4.1.2 today. After trying to update my phone, it just kept on saying that it is updated to the latest version (4.0.4 is my current). Tried to updated via Samsung Kies, still same respond. Both my brother and I are on the same O2 plan. I also reverted to factory settings, still no update.

So I guess my question is why is this happening? Is there a problem with my phone? 

Regards.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146902 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions
You should be getting upgraded to OXXLS4 (4.12). However, it looks like Samsung have withdrawn the update, for some reason...? Check with your brother and see if he is on OXXLS4, if so, and it's working OK, you can flash yours manually.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 146902 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions
Both O2 and the open European ROM's have been released so if you have an O2U or OXX CSC you should get it. Dial *#1234# and let me know what your CSC is first.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, this is what  I get:

PDA: N7000XXLRK

Phone: N7000XXLRK

CSC: N7000XEULP5

I tried to change it to OXX with *#272* IMEI# But all I get from that is on top- Sales Code: XEU, then there are no codes to change to underneath. 

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 146902 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions
You should be getting upgraded to OXXLS4 (4.12). However, it looks like Samsung have withdrawn the update, for some reason...? Check with your brother and see if he is on OXXLS4, if so, and it's working OK, you can flash yours manually.
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, his is XXLS4, seems to be working fine. I was thinking of flashing mine with Odin etc, but wouldn't that damage my warranty? 

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 146902 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions
No, not at all. That looks like the only way to get it for now.
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I've updated it via Odin, everything seems to be working just fine, thank for the help, mate. All the best! slight_smile

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 146902 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions
Good news slight_smile
Message 8 of 8