cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with mobile data in LTE/3G/2G network mode (Samsung Galaxy A5 2017)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have a new Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 with an O2 SIM (Pay as you go/Big Bundle, I used the same SIM already in my previous phone). I get good mobile data if I use the ‘3G/2G’ network mode. If I select the ‘LTE/3G/2G’ network mode, however, I get mobile data only very sporadically (especially after disconnection from Wifi, I do not have any mobile data). But there is definitely good 4G signal available at my place.

The APN settings seem to be correct. I’ve also tried to text ‘ACTIVE’ to 2020 but I did not receive anything in return.

Any ideas what to do to get proper LTE or 4G mobile data?

Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have now received my replacement phone and switching between 3G, 4G, and Wifi works without any problems (with the same O2 SIM). So there was apparently something faulty with the other device. Thanks again for your advice.

View solution in original post

Message 20 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143412 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It’s quite likely congestion on the 4g network.
Quite often we find 3G performing better in some areas these days.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Many thanks for the quick resonse.

I do not think that it is congestion as I do not have this problem with my old phone (Samsung Galaxy S5 mini), which directly gets LTE signal when I disconnect from Wifi. I would also assume that the phone should automatically chose 3G signal in LTE/3G/2G network mode when no faster mode is available (but that's not the case).

I currently use the 3G/2G network mode now but this is not really a satisfying solution.

Message 3 of 21

chrisymon
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

3G/2G (autoconnect) and it instantly connected to mobile data. Then  switch it back to 4G and It was now working with a 4G connection.

"I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited." Currently using S7 edge
Message 4 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

This does not work for me unfortunately. I get instantly connected when I chose 3G/2G network mode but there is no signal after switching back to LTE/3G/2G network mode.

Message 5 of 21

chrisymon
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

try this link hope this helps

https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/336185/mobile+data+not+working

"I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited." Currently using S7 edge
Message 6 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the link. Changing network mode to 3G/2G and back does not help unfortunately.

Message 7 of 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143412 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Give customer service a call on 202 and ask them to check if you are on a standard data package.
It’s possible that you might be on the default Blackberry tariff. It’s a known issue with some accounts.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have the correct data bolt on

Message 9 of 21

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous! Welcome to our forum! How are you getting on with the mobile data today? Any improvement?

Message 10 of 21