cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem using tube WiFI connection

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I am a new customer of a  giffgaff sim that, as far as I understood, is in partnership with O2.  I wanted use the wi fi connectionn "Virgin Media" on the underground, so I selected the "O2" button and putting my phone number. Unfortunately I received back the following error message: "Looks like this device is registered to a different number on O2 wifi. We've sent a text whith more details to that number". It is very weird and I don't know how to solve this issue. I don't think I used another number to connect by Virgin Media. Can anybody explain to me how is it possible and if I can fix this issue in some way ? I will be really glad if you can help me. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Try asking on giffgaff forum if other users can connect to it or if it’s restricted to o2 customers only?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@AnonymousHave a look at this thread as well...It may give some additional advice https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/O2-Wifi-At-London-Underground-Not-able-to-connect/m-p/668565/highlight/true#M11934

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 3