cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone unlock unsuccessful

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys, I was an O2 customer until yesterday when my sim was discontinued. I rang O2 around a month ago, paid of my device plan and spoke to them about terminating my contract and unlocking my phone which they said should be fine. However I find myself in another country now with a sim that doesn't work and a phone that can't take another sim. I have tried contacting O2 via the website but unfortunately aside from this message board I have been unable to find any other methods to get in touch with them. Can anyone help me out in figuring out whats going on? 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @Marjo, I'm still without a phone at the moment. I have had a online chat with O2 however my situation seems quite complicated. I had my phone repaired via the O2 insurance team but what seems to have occured is that they replaced my handset with another one instead of repairing the one I sent to them. As such when I put in the unlock request it was denined, due to the IMEI numbers not matching as the insurance department had not changed any of the information on my account. So now the customer service guys on the web chat have raised an escalation form which may or may not help me in this situation but I am still waiting to hear back from them. Also the insurance department seems to have no method of contact other than telephone which I am still unable to do. So yeah thats where I'm at right now. 

Message 11 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Unfortunately that is a common issue with insurance replaced handsets.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 12