Did you mean: 

OnePlus 3T reboot loop

Mike01
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hi all,

I have a OP 3T and haven't had an issue at all with it until now.

It's roughly 2 months out of warranty and has started to randomly turn itself off and go into a bootloop.

I have been dealing with OP support and I have wiped the cache, performed a factory reset, had an advisor remotely connect to my phone to flash and "patch" the OS, I've also uninstalled any recent or old apps but nothing has worked.

I have been told to contact O2 to send my phone back for diagnosis and repair, which for me isn't really an option.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience of using a custom rom and if this is likely to resolve the boot issue I've been having?

Many thanks

Mike
Message 1 of 24
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mike01
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hi MI5,

So it's been a strange week. I spoke to OP and was about to get the ball rolling so I could return it to them, then the rebooting stopped.

I haven't uninstalled anything, I haven't done anything different, there were a couple of Google apps which updated and then my phone went back to normal.

Thanks a lot for all your help, I appreciate the effort from you and the rest of the community.

Time for a cold 🍺 🍺

Cheers

M

View solution in original post

Message 17 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It may help you but a) it depends whats causing the boot loop and b) we're not allowed to talk about flashing ROM's on here.
Have you tried XDA forums?
Also, does it loop in safe mode too?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It seems to be a common problem according to the xda forums @Mike01

Just one link from many posted

https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-3t/help/bootloop-to-recovery-t3519142

I would suggest you contact OnePlus again and see if they can help further.

https://www.oneplus.com/uk/support

I certainly wouldn't be sending it back to O2...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 24

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Mike01 I would agree with @Cleoriff's suggestion and either send it to OnePlus or at the very least contact them. Do not trust O2 with your phone.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 24

Mike01
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks everyone.

@MI5
Thanks for the reply.
I have had my phone in safe mode for a couple of hours so far but I'll need at least a day's worth of testing to see if it works.
The problem varies so much that sometimes it can reboot and start looping 4 times in an hour, sometimes it 4 times in a day. It's not very predictable.

@Cleoriff
Thanks for the reply.
I have been over at the XDA forums but there were so many pages of problems I got lost and started looking down the route of another OS.
OP have told me to send my phone to O2, that's not going to happen lol.

@Bambino
Thanks for the reply.
I have been in touch with OP support and still have a ticket open, even though they want to try and close it. They've pushed me back to O2 to try and get it diagnosed and repaired. I just don't want my phone to have to go through another factory reset unless there is a plan to actually solve the issue, I've had to set up my Google pay and banking apps so many times the bank must be on the brink of blocking me lol

I'll get back on to OP and see what they say, even though they kind of loosely supported the idea of testing a custom rom to see if that fixes it lol

Thanks again everyone
Message 5 of 24

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Mike01 wrote:
Thanks everyone.

@MI5
Thanks for the reply.
I have had my phone in safe mode for a couple of hours so far but I'll need at least a day's worth of testing to see if it works.
The problem varies so much that sometimes it can reboot and start looping 4 times in an hour, sometimes it 4 times in a day. It's not very predictable.

Have you considered the possibilty of this being a battery issue?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

No problem @Mike01 I hope this gets sorted soon....(or sooner than it has taken already) Banana

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 24

Mike01
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@MI5

I haven't thought about the battery, it still hold charge like its brand new, so I've never had any reason to question it.

I have wondered about moisture though, I work in quite a hot environment and my phone pretty much lives in my pocket, so I'm wondering if it's gotten a bit sweaty nauseated_face

Message 8 of 24

Mike01
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
@Cleoriff

Thanks a lot. Fingers crossed I'll find the reason soon.
Message 9 of 24

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yours is more of a random reboot rather than a bootloop so the prognosis is slightly better for you.
If it is still doing it in safe mode a custom rom could well sort it for you but at over 2 years old, I wouldn't rule out a battery issue either.
I've just Googled an article that may help you further https://www.androidpolice.com/2016/12/09/boot-loop-smartphone-restarts-now/

Currently using:
Message 10 of 24