Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Hotspot requires sign in everyday

Help44
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

There's an O2 hotspot in my workplace and I registered my old phone to it using the sign in with a number and it stayed connected everyday, but since I got a new phone it no longer stays signed in and requires me to sign in with my number everyday despite it saying its a one time thing.

Any help?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125811 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

@Help44 

Did you get a new sim with your phone or are you using the old one?

This may be a security issue implemented by your workplace, so have a word with them.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 12

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7844 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1644 Solutions

Make sure auto reconnect is selected in your wifi settings for this connection 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 12

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11520 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3159 Solutions

@Help44 

Do you use the staff o2 hotspot or the public o2 hotspot, (depends on how your employer asked o2 to set it up) as the public ones are designed to be re logged into every day..

It might be worth speaking to your employers IT team, and as if they can whitelist your MAC address, as we have to do this in our stores for colleagues...

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 4 of 12

Help44
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm using the same SIM.

Message 5 of 12

Help44
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don't recall there being a staff hotspot, my manager just told me the other day it's the o2 wifi which worked before but not anymore

Message 6 of 12

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11520 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3159 Solutions

@Help44 

I would speak to your companies IT Team and ask them, as they will control the service and ask o2 to implement it with there conditions...

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 7 of 12

Help44
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have an issue where my S22 Ultra will not reconnect to the O2 hotspot at my workplace when my S20 could and did in the past. Everyone else at my workplace automatically reconnect except me and I'm not sure why.

I have an O2 sim and all the auto reconnect settings are on, the public WiFi is for everyone including colleagues so there isn't a separate one.

Any idea why this is happening?

Message 8 of 12

Help44
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have an issue where my S22 Ultra will not reconnect to the O2 hotspot at my workplace when my S20 could and did in the past.  Everyone else at my workplace automatically reconnect except me and I'm not sure why.

I have the same O2 sim and all the auto reconnect settings are on, the public WiFi is for everyone including colleagues so there isn't a separate one.

Any idea why this is happening?

Message 9 of 12

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7844 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1644 Solutions

You posted before about this and some suggestions were made that looks about the sum total of knowledge the Community Members have on this subject

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 10 of 12