Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 3 Issues: WiFi & Network Coverage

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I purchased a Note 3 on O2 last week. Have had problems with the following:-

• There are 2 routers in the factory in which I work. When I go over to one side of the factory, it picks up the wifi no problem. Without changing any settings and heading back to the other side, onto the zone of the second router, it will not authenticate and says that the password is wrong. It cannot connect to the IP address even though everybody else's devices work fine and just keeps going round the loop in order to try to connect. I have tried on my old S2 and this connects without issue. We have tried restarting the modem. I have also tried the *#0011# trick.

• Generally, the connection is pretty lousy. I was sat in the pub last night and my friend on O2 had 4 bars of signal with an Iphone whereas I was on emergency call only meaning my phone was not gathering signal. I have not really tampered with the settings.

Any advice would be greatly received.

D

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Unlikely to be a mast issue if you are sitting next to someone else on O2 with almost full signal.
Problem will either be with phone or sim card.
Getting a new sim is easy (pop into any o2 store) and if no better you'd be wise to try a factory reset before doing anything else.
There are some advanced WiFi settings you can have a play with to see if they help your WiFi issue. Just go to the main WiFi page and press Menu >Advanced.......
Try some different settings to see if they help.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Have you tried resetting network settings in your phone?

About your signal issues, do you have poor coverage most of the time or only at certain places?
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
It may be helpful to have your sim swapped at an O2 store and or have the manufacturer take a look at the device to run a diagnostic.

We suggest the manufacturer takes a look instead of the networks repair engineers as they have more if a handle on their own hardware and software.

You can check your mast status coverage here http://status.o2.co.uk

Also ensure your on the latest firmware.

Let us know how you get on.
Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Unlikely to be a mast issue if you are sitting next to someone else on O2 with almost full signal.
Problem will either be with phone or sim card.
Getting a new sim is easy (pop into any o2 store) and if no better you'd be wise to try a factory reset before doing anything else.
There are some advanced WiFi settings you can have a play with to see if they help your WiFi issue. Just go to the main WiFi page and press Menu >Advanced.......
Try some different settings to see if they help.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi David,

To focus on the wireless issue only, are the routers in the factory the same make/model..?  Reason I ask is that there has been a Note 3 wireless phenomena since release, where some folk have a plethora of problems yet others (like myself) do not.  The last time I had a sniff around the various forums it was suggested that either particular makes or models of router are incompatible with the Note 3.  If my memory serves me right, I think NetGear routers don't work well.  Your circumstances by any chance..?

Jonty.

Message 5 of 5