cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No OTA updates for my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I have not had any of the recent OTA updates for my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge since I had it in March. Is this because O2 are slow and rolling them out or is it my phone?

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=5772D6C82BFBE7FC!5968&authkey=!AIqJYaEwwMbuvfo&v=3&ithint=phot...  

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's probably not the only thing they control either which is why I would never buy a network branded phone.
The whole point of Android is MY choice - if I want someone else to tell me I'll buy an iPhone slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hah i need to break the cycle of contracts inc the phone and buy my handsets myself and add a SIM only deal in

Message 22 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you can't afford it straight off you can take a contract from CPW as all their phones are sim free - they just attach them to contracts but they aren't network locked or restricted in any way.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 24

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

I can certainly feed this back to our device team on your behalf, but with updates being restricted to Wifi this ensures:

- Customers retain their mobile data to do more of what they love (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Games, Internet etc)

- Less chance of a corrupt download due to fluctuations in mobile data (eg, moving between cells and causing a temporary loss of service). A corrupt download would mean re-downloading it, leading to more data usage

I get that you want to use your data however you please, but in the grand scheme of things, this will help save your data allowances and help lead to a better experience with software updates. Some updates can be 2GB or even larger in size - imagine getting to 1.9GB of that for the download to stall and need to start again... With a 5GB allowance, it could be used up just by this one thing and could limit what you can do with your data for the rest of your allowance period.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 24 of 24