cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 4 - SMS issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had my Nexus 4 for just over a month now, and I've noticed that every now and again an SMS will not go out properly. It'll just sit in the conversation stating that it is "Sending..." but never gets sent and I have to resend the message. Unfortunately, there isn't any actual notification that states the message hasn't failed to send, so I can sometimes come back to the app a couple of hours later to find out the message hasn't gone out. Rebooting the phone merely notches up all the ones that didn't send, and then the phone continues doing the same thing again after a while.

After some quick googling, it seems that a few other people on O2 (and Tesco) have also had this problem and I was wondering if anyone had any insight into this.

Thanks!

Additional relevant info: Stock messaging app, Android 4.2.2 but also happened in 4.2.1 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It's just network issues. O2 are quite notorious for messaging hic ups 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It's just network issues. O2 are quite notorious for messaging hic ups 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I don't think sms is reliable on any network, certainly not for anything important.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 4

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

I had this happen to me once - I don't send that many texts anyway - and never noticed for a couple of days! Lately I've noticed that the timeline isn't quite refreshing properly as it doesn't show new texts on my lockscreen until I unlock. Only thing I could think of causing it was either that I had many apps in the background or a drop in network caused wifi (always on) to lock it. The latter I've noticed is more when it can pick a wifi network but not logged onto it so it won't even do network data! 

Message 4 of 4