Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact cannot see/get WiFi Calling to appear

CVP99
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've read similar threads, but nothing seems to help/match my situation, so hoping someone here may have an idea!

At the weekend, I switched from an iPhone to a new Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact - had enough of Apple tying me down and charging too much for new gimics! 

Very pleased with the phone and love the form factor, but I need WiFi Calling to work!

On my iPhone, it was working fine for months, switched the SIM card to the new Sony a few days ago and just cannot get the WiFi Calling or VoLTE options to show in settings. 

Spoke to O2 customer services, who said WiFi Calling was still showing as enabled for that SIM/Account, so why can't I see the options?

For info, the SIM is on a Business SIM Only, pay monthly and the phone was purchased outright from an O2 shop and appears to have the O2 firmware - Chrome homepage goes to O2.

It says it is running the latest software version 51.1.A.11.26.

Anyone have any ideas!

Thanks

Clive

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There is no common bolt on at all, that's rubbish!
Get them to change it and it will work. The fact it's working on your iPhone proves you are still on idata.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 23

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
I mean just what's the point if O2 reps are clueless!!
No wonder so many think iOS is easier if they are getting messed up advice like that.
Literally the FIRST thing they should be doing .... Switching sims if in-store (APN data is on sim) or doing a manual switch if on tele support.
Message 22 of 23

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

This link..

https://mymobile.o2.co.uk/paymonthly/tariffandboltons/tarifftransfer?

Is all you needed...

Where you can see this...

Screenshot_20180903-105814.png

No common data tariffs.

Instead, you choose your data type.

Message 23 of 23