Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Samsung Galaxy

Novabird41
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

New Galaxy bought today, most of the data transferred from old Sony to android tothis new one by o2 genius in the shop. But I cant find my o2 emails and also Whatsapp is not functioning I've lost most of my contacts on there plus photos sent to me on  Whatsapp. That is problem 1

Problem 2. I intended to give my old Sony Experia to my husband, it has been cleared all my old data ready to give to him but....he has an ancient Microsoft phone. He does not use the Internet only as a phone and messaging. He hoped to transfer his contacts data from the old Microsoft on to my old Experian ....except the o2 genius in the shop couldn't do it...why? What do we have to do?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Novabird41 

1 - If you had WhatsApp backup on, all your chats and contacts will be restored to the new phone when you sign in to WhatsApp.

If you didn't have backup on, it's all lost unfortunately.

2 - Depends which phone your husband has. If it is a windows phone, he can add a Google account and back up his contacts to that.

When he then logs into the new phone with the same Google account, it will sync the contacts to it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Novabird41 

1 - If you had WhatsApp backup on, all your chats and contacts will be restored to the new phone when you sign in to WhatsApp.

If you didn't have backup on, it's all lost unfortunately.

2 - Depends which phone your husband has. If it is a windows phone, he can add a Google account and back up his contacts to that.

When he then logs into the new phone with the same Google account, it will sync the contacts to it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2