Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New S3 Firmware released today

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145184 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27862 Solutions
Samsung have just released I9300XXEMB1 (BTU). It appears to still be 4.1.2 which will lbe the third UK release of pretty much the same firmware. Can't find any details or changelog at the moment but will post back if I find anything.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

MI5
  • 145184 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27862 Solutions
Just bug fixes and a change to the amount of RAM required by some apps.... Nothing major.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 31 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
This can be done through Kies?
Message 32 of 45

MI5
  • 145184 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27862 Solutions
Not released for Kies yet - Just OTA at the moment.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 33 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

do we know if this includes the freezing bug fix?

Message 34 of 45

MI5
  • 145184 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27862 Solutions
Update - As of this morning it is available on Kies and yes, it is the version that addresses the freezing bug on some handsets. I'm running the unbranded version of this FW and do not have any issues with it.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 35 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just downloaded update, will have a play later but have noticed play magazines (as already stated) but also google music is new

Message 36 of 45

swebby
Level 3: Thinker
  • 88 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, software update auto downloaded to my S3 . It now presents Software Update message with 3 options LATER - INSTALL ALL - INSTALL. What is difference between install all and install? Thanks
S8+, Galaxy Tab S 8.4, Chromebook.
Message 37 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
i dont know the difference between 'install' and 'install all', but i chose 'install all'. presumably if there are multiple packages to the one download, then 'install' would allow you to chose which packages to isntall.
Message 38 of 45

MI5
  • 145184 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27862 Solutions

@swebby wrote:
What is difference between install all and install? Thanks

Nothing in this case as there is only one update.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 39 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
Will I have to perform a factory reset afterwards?
Message 40 of 45