cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My simcard isnt working NEED HELP PLEASE!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so i got my s6 a couple of days ago and the sim wouldnt work so o2 sent me out a new sim thinking that my old one which i got new with my phone was faulty now the new sim wont work i can find the O2 network in my setting but i am getting no service i have some signel bars but i can make emegery calls only  i was on the o2 chat and they said they would activate the sim which still doesnt even make since to me but anyone have any clue why its not working iv took the sim out about 100 times i factory reset my phone and its still not working 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126108 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

Can you do anything with the phone at all? Can you make calls or send texts....or is it just internet?

Do you see the O2 splash screen?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

i cant do anything at all with it i can use wifi but with the sim i cant make call texts i am getting signel bars but i can make emergency calls only and i cant recive anything either also when i go to settings and go to search networks i can select the o2 network but it says unable to connect try again later "not sure what the splash screen" is also i cannot use the internet without wifi

Message 3 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 126108 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

Was this phone an upgrade...or your first one with O2? Just wondering you see whether you did a sim swap to keep your old number and it has not yet activated?

Also are you on Contract or Payg? (they are different sims)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 126108 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

To add...if this a new phone and you have had two different sims and your phone is still not working...I would take it back to your nearest O2 shop. It is a far quicker solution than ringing customer services..They will either swap the phone or set it up properly with the correct sim while you are there.

I could give you all sorts of links for sim swaps or activating O2 internet...but this is more than that I think so needs sorting back at the shop.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

The new phone was an upgrade but i got a new sim with the phone which was already activated it worked for basicly a full day then stopped working all together so i got a new sim sent out to me which got activated today as i was on the live chat i will be visting the o2 store asap hopfully they can do something

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
i am also contract
Message 7 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 126108 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

The new phone was an upgrade but i got a new sim with the phone which was already activated it worked for basicly a full day then stopped working all together so i got a new sim sent out to me which got activated today as i was on the live chat i will be visting the o2 store asap hopfully they can do something

I would go to the store @Anonymous as I said it will be far quicker for them to sort. They can check both the phone and the sim and get everything set up properly.  Best of luck 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
Try doing a sim swap ?
Is your old sim still working?
http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 94099 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

If the old sim is still working then would be your problem if you are keeping the number.

Message 10 of 10