Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 02 App Incompatible on Moto g8 power

Davepi
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

When I follow the link to the app from the O2 website, it finds the app in the play store, but it states that it's incompatible with my phone. It's a Motorola Moto g8 Power running Android 11.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Davepi
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi, yes I am in the UK. Seems many other uses have the same problem. The developers have disabled their email address, which auto replies with links, some of which don't work, but basically directs you to the useless Help pages, their hapless and disempowered customer services team or the O2 Community pages. So here I am, no further forward with O2 App developers unable to engage and customer services powerless to escalate the issue. At least I am not the only one, but that's kind of not the point!!

Message 11 of 15

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6782 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1519 Solutions

I've reported it to Google, asking them to get in touch with the developers.

I'm pretty sure that this will get sorted as it's not just new downloads but existing users who are asked to upgrade.

For the moment use https://accounts.o2.co.uk/signin

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 12 of 15

Davepi
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Nice one. It's inconceivable that the Dev team aren't aware if the issue, but nobody in the system has apparently bothered to warn Customer Service!

Message 13 of 15

Davepi
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have just spent over an hour with O2 Customer Complaints department. I am told that the issue has been escalated and it's been recognised that the app is broken for a large number of customers. It must be tens of thousands. Hopefully, the issue will be resolved soon....... 🤞

Message 14 of 15

Davepi
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Whether or not it's the result of my complaint, the My O2 App is now available for installation again.

Message 15 of 15