Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from S6 to S8

HorsteadCj
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am moving from an S6 to and S8, i have used Smart Switch without any problems so everything is now on the S8 but moving my SIM from the 6 to the 8 is causing me some grief! How do I find out my PUK. I know my IMEi and the SN, obvioulsy I know my phone number but I need the PUK so that I can get the S8 to work.

Any help gratefully received...

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122803 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @HorsteadCj 

Just use your old sim. They are both Nano size so should work in either phone.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 144155 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@HorsteadCj 

Get your PUK here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/unblock-your-phone

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

HorsteadCj
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes I know that but when I put my SIM into the S8 it asks to enter the SIM network PUK in. Using the Help by entering my phone number in returns a number but when I enter it is still doesn't work. Is it because the the SIM was shipped from O2 with a number back in 2018 when I moved from Tesco / O2 and they then ported my existing mobile number across to it?

Cheers

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144155 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@HorsteadCj 

Sounds to me like the S8 is locked (possibly hardlocked) to another network.

Where did it come from?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5