Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Highlighted
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

Mobile scam number

So I was paying 18.50 a month. The tariff I chose to pay. Now all of a sudden I'm being charged 27.50 a month!! I quickly narrowed down the problem to a premium number which I had never even seen before. After a little internet investigating I found out that its a scam number! Everybody said that I should text stop to it. It said that I had successfully cancelled my subscription to top prizes. Weird right! Furthermore, a month later it does it again!!! It won't stop. I need help!! 02 can't do anything and I'm stuck for ideas! Should I inform the police or something? Any suggestions?
Highlighted
Topics: 546
Solutions: 12,744

Re: Mobile scam number

See here for help http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premiu...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Anonymous

I've tried. I know nothing on the number 61991 ? Where do I start?
Highlighted
Topics: 546
Solutions: 12,744

Found this.....
You have joined TopPrizes weekly prize competition for £4.50 per week, until you send STOP to 61991 Top Prizes Help? 01567380029.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Topics: 729

@Anonymous wrote:
I've tried. I know nothing on the number 61991 ? Where do I start?

According to google its a number used by Oxygen 8. Anyone who signs up to them will end up out of pocket. Certainly a premium rate scam...100's of similar complaints

http://www.oxygen8.com/uk/

Best to contact them direct and cancel any subscription you have inadvertently signed up to..

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker