cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile scam number

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I was paying 18.50 a month. The tariff I chose to pay. Now all of a sudden I'm being charged 27.50 a month!! I quickly narrowed down the problem to a premium number which I had never even seen before. After a little internet investigating I found out that its a scam number! Everybody said that I should text stop to it. It said that I had successfully cancelled my subscription to top prizes. Weird right! Furthermore, a month later it does it again!!! It won't stop. I need help!! 02 can't do anything and I'm stuck for ideas! Should I inform the police or something? Any suggestions?
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
See here for help http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premiu...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
See here for help http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premiu...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've tried. I know nothing on the number 61991 ? Where do I start?
Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Found this.....
You have joined TopPrizes weekly prize competition for £4.50 per week, until you send STOP to 61991 Top Prizes Help? 01567380029.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I've tried. I know nothing on the number 61991 ? Where do I start?

According to google its a number used by Oxygen 8. Anyone who signs up to them will end up out of pocket. Certainly a premium rate scam...100's of similar complaints

http://www.oxygen8.com/uk/

Best to contact them direct and cancel any subscription you have inadvertently signed up to..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5