cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile number transfer

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 2 Android phones (oops, wrong section) on O2, old and new. I called customer service and told them to cancel the old contract and transfer the number to the new phone, they said this could take up to 24 hours to transfer. At the time of posting it has been 26 hours (I phoned them on Thursday, 24 hours would have been Friday 7:45pm, it is now Friday 10:30PM). Both phones still have service and I'm able to send/receive calls and texts on both. Restarting both phones hasn't done anything to help so far.

Should I be concerned? Should I wait until Monday/Tuesday for the transfer? If it's still not done by then should I call them again?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
I'd call them again in the morning.
8.00 to 8.30am is a good time to call.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
I'd call them again in the morning.
8.00 to 8.30am is a good time to call.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, thanks for the advice (If anyone else reads this then I posted in the wrong section, this is an issue with Android phones, it's just the mobile site didn't make that very clear)

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
In this case, the phone type doesn't matter, but a mod will move it for you anyway.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Moved. wink

Did you manage to sort out the number transfer in the end, @Anonymous?

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the move (on my mobile it wasn't particulalrly clear I was in the iPhone section). Yeah, went perfect. I phoned them up the next day as MI5 suggested and the lady I was speaking to said the previous request was denied due to incorrect information (wrong spelling, wrong email, etc.). So she did it for me and it was done in literally 2 hours

Thanks for the help

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
Good to hear slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the move (on my mobile it wasn't particulalrly clear I was in the iPhone section). Yeah, went perfect. I phoned them up the next day as MI5 suggested and the lady I was speaking to said the previous request was denied due to incorrect information (wrong spelling, wrong email, etc.). So she did it for me and it was done in literally 2 hours

Thanks for the help

Awesome! And thanks for your feedback regarding the mobile version of the forum. slight_smile

Message 8 of 8