cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Internet Connection

Anonymous
Not applicable

New to the smartphone and have just acquired Sony Experia tipo. Thought during set-up that I'd selected the option 'mobile network and wi-fi' on step 2, but am now begnning to wonder. Can get wi-fi access ok - but none (seemingly) when it is switched off.

Probably missing something simple and obvious, but I was under impression that I would be able to get onto the internet through the mobile network which would account for my data useage allowance.

Can anyone advise/point me in the right direction/pat me on the head and say there-there?

tia woll

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
Could be an issue with your SIM. Can you try it in another phone? If SIM works in another phone your xperia might be faulty. Best to get it checked by a Guru in store....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
Firstly, check data is enabled in network settings. In mobile networks check you have O2 apn's (Text "Active" to 2020 if not), then restart phone and look for a "G" or "3G" symbol on the notification bar.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for quick reply. Data has been enabled but with no joy or sign of G/3G. Texted 2020 - installed internet n mms settings - restarted. no joy still :o(
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
Could be an issue with your SIM. Can you try it in another phone? If SIM works in another phone your xperia might be faulty. Best to get it checked by a Guru in store....
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
It may have to come to that. Thanks for chipping in.:-)
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
i cant get a guru they are alwas too busy its always full so how many weeks do i have to wait before i can be seen in my 02 shop .. i have had sony experia since may/june and it does not work properley .. any on ewho has tryed for me says i should take it back to the shop
Message 6 of 6