cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS wont send 90% of the time LG Optimus x2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay so here is my problem, i use to have the LG Optimus 1 and could send picture messages as normal, i then bought the LG Optimus x2 put the same SIM in and now i cant send them my settings have been triple set and entered by a O2 Guru they are fine, i have 3G on i have tried sending them with 2G still no luck, however here is the bit that O2 couldnt figure out, its that i can send them occationally, sometime i just try to send one and it works straight away then i can keep sending like normal until the signal changes to 2G or 3G then i cant send at all, occationally they have sent when i put my phone on Airoplane mode then take it off and try and sometimes when turning "data enabled" off and back on they will send.

i should add that when i tried to send the settings to my phone they never recieve them

this is extremely annoying as i get 50 free PIC messages a month and cant use hardly any, thanks for reading i hope someone can help, i am on Pay as you go if that helps

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

If you are on a Pay Monthly contract then your MMS settings should be programmed into your SIM along with your Data settings. One way to ensure the correct settings are being used is to go into your network and APN settings delete both entries for your data/MMS (which you should have) and choose to reset APN to Default.

Restart your handset and try them again. I had to do that when changing from Vodafone with my handset. Also clear the data cache from the recovery menu. This should help restore default settings and remove any conflicts.

Failing that, texting a blank text to 2020 should give you Pay as you Go settings.

I do have a premade text file somewhere with all the APN settings if you need them.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 2 of 6

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

P.S. Wi-Fi can help maintain data integrity although your MMS should be sent using the O2 data service rather than Wi-Fi. So disabling Wi-fi during MMS can help resolve any confusion.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi thanks for your reply, i am a Pay and go user, and i have had my settings checked and re programmed by o2 in store, still same problem, i can always recieve mms messages though. ant ideas?

this will sound silly, but how can i send a blank text to 2020 to get those settings? when i leave the field blank i cant click send, even if i press space once i cant, dunno if it'd work though my phone usually never picks up any settings

Message 4 of 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Send ACTIVE to 2020.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

oh yeah i have done that before many times, my phone shows no signs that anything has happened, no reply text and no resolved issues

Message 6 of 6