cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS problems

Anonymous
Not applicable

can any1 help please,im on contract with xperia and on checking my billing online noticed im getting billed for media.i only txt,call,take photo's and put onto facebook profile.Ia any of this chargable as media?i cant find anything in my02 help questions.Ive also found out today that a manufacturing fault with this phone is that when you sned a txt and lick with more than 1 person it is classed as been media too,although ive had my £24 credited back to me,all i was told was not to add more than 1 person to a txt in future.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry - what is your question?

You said the person you spoke to at CS advised you that if you send an sms to multiple people the phone converts it into MMS and this is what the charges were.

You can use apps like Whatsapp to send group sms if you need to. If you don't want to send or receive MMS then you can ask CS to remove the provisioning from your account.

If you have an iPhone, Fatboy's reply in this thread is helpful - http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/Need-help-sending-same-message-to-multipl...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry - what is your question?

You said the person you spoke to at CS advised you that if you send an sms to multiple people the phone converts it into MMS and this is what the charges were.

You can use apps like Whatsapp to send group sms if you need to. If you don't want to send or receive MMS then you can ask CS to remove the provisioning from your account.

If you have an iPhone, Fatboy's reply in this thread is helpful - http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/Need-help-sending-same-message-to-multipl...

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Its not a fault. The software is designed that way. Only fault is with the user wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3