Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ifitness charging account without permission

Ifitness
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have just found dates out that a company called ifitness is charging my o2 account £3 a go every week! I noticed my bill was £15 more as I was looking at my Internet banking. Since I had no knowledge of this company, the money they were taking from me and the fact that I have never accepted these payments I was mad. I googled this company and found many other people having the same issue on an o2 community thread. I went back through my bills and found out they have taken a total of £51 over the space of a couple of months. I am outraged! I followed the instructions someone put on the thread about texting 'stop bfitness' to 80206. This then wanted to charge me for sending this text so I cancelled the text and went to the page directly. On ifitness page (THE FRONT PAGE) it has a cancel subscription section, so this must happen all the time. I entered my number and it has said it has 'scheduled my subscription to be cancelled' SCHEDULED! I am soo mad with this company and o2 for allowing this to go on without notifying me. Especially since it is happening to so many people and from as early as 2016 from the earlier thread I saw. I will be ringing o2 tomorrow morning to sort this out.
Please reply if you have also had this issue.
Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Ifitness ifitness is a notorious scam where you may have clicked or subscribed to a social media link. It isn’t anything to do with O2. You need to contact the company directly to request that they remove your details from their list & a refund. Read this guide here for more information 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Ifitness ifitness is a notorious scam where you may have clicked or subscribed to a social media link. It isn’t anything to do with O2. You need to contact the company directly to request that they remove your details from their list & a refund. Read this guide here for more information 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s...

Message 2 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Customers on every network have this issue too. Call customer service and they will put a bar on your account to stop these these sort of subscription texts in future. I had a similar issue with EE and they did this for me too. Not sure why they don't do this as standard practice for everyone and then you would have to opt in. These cowboys would never be in business then.

Message 3 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Ifitness Call them directly on this number  03333217014

They will stop the subscription and refund the money you have already paid. The refund will come via a text code which any post office will refund for cash. 

Check this out. https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/ifitness/m-p/1057622/highlight/true#M130758

It's a common scam and this is by far the quickest way to stop it and get a refund...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@IfitnessYou could also call customer services https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

and ask for a Bar to all Direct Bill Debits to be placed on your account

This is  explained by @Marjo in this post

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Snack-Games/m-p/1112166/highlight/true#M146903

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 12

than
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello I have just checked my son's phone and there is a £6 charge for iFitness, I have contacted O2 and they told me to get in touch for a refund but no joy. I can't even see anything that he has got for his £3 a week. They also charged me for the text message to stop it. I have since put a block on everything on his phone. I had similar problem on my own contract with Vodafone a similar scam, but as a goodwill gesture they refunded me the cost but no such luck with O2.

Message 6 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@thanContact iFitness directly and ask them to stop his subscription and ask for a refund

Call on this number  03333217014

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@than It’s nothing to do with o2 I’m afraid. You need to contact the company directly as per my post above 

Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@than when I went through the same thing, they couldn’t provide me with proof of how, when and where I signed up and therefore had to refund me! 

So so ask for proof.. but remember you can sign up for these things not only by text, but signing up for supposed ‘freebies’ on the net!

Message 9 of 12

Orkfay
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Similarly happened to my wife, who had certainly not intentionally signed up to any such service.

This "service" appears to be having your phone account docked by £3 a week without any actual benefits!

i noticed when her phone account settlements had gone from £16 to over £50

O2 now contacted and all such "subscriptions" barred. 

IFitness after having tried unconvincingly to justify their actions agreed to refund 8w of their deductions.

A company called Mobiplanet umelimited.com operates a similar scam. 

Message 10 of 12