on 08-03-2018 12:09
Hi @Anonymous and all, a bit of time has passed since this topic was active, but just wanted to share some information regarding bars/blocks that are available as it relates to the discussion above.
Regarding these sort of ones, you could put a bar called "Bar all direct to bill debits" if it's a Charge to Mobile type recurring payment. Problem with this is that it will then stop any that you might actually want to have...
If it’s reverse charge text messages, our Gurus advise sending STOP to the number and it should confirm subscription stopped. They also advise going to the site https://psauthority.org.uk/
- Bar all Direct to Bill Debits (as above)
- Premium Bar (calls to premium numbers, 090, 070 etc.)
- International Bar (bars calling out from UK)
- Adult Bar (stops 18+ services access for web)
- Bar all inbound calls when roaming outside UK
- Bar all outgoing international calls (blocks calls from UK to overseas)
- Bothway bar (blocks calls in and out)
- Chat bar (blocks over 18 chat services)
- Class 9 bar (block when arrears)
- GPRS bar (blocks data)
- IMEI Bar (phone's serial number blocked and blacklisted)
- Incoming call bar (calls inbound are blocked)
- Outgoing call bar (calls outbound are blocked)
- Roaming bar (Can't use phone outside UK)
→ Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
→ iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
→ Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
→ Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!
If you'd like to take part, why not register?
on 08-03-2018 12:29
This could be improved further by allowing customers to select some or all of those bars themselves from their MyO2.
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
on 11-03-2018 03:00
The premium bill to phone bar, to my mind, should be a standard feature where you have to phone up to sign up to a service rather than have to phone up with a complaint before O2 applying the bar. If that was the case then these stammers wouldn't even exist....don't you think? Or am I missing the blatantly obvious?
on 26-06-2018 19:14
I phoned O2 to ask about this text message.
I was told that this would have come from accidentally clicking on a pop-up advert and one more click and you have subscribed.
Adrian at O2 recommended that I send the text "STOP" as instructed in the text, but also that he would make sure the subscription was cancelled at their end.
When Adrian came back he said that he had block ALL future third part subscriptions to my account. Result. I recommend anyone with this message call O2 first.
I have now received a message from Snack Games saying that I have been unsubscribed. Great.
on 27-06-2018 15:15
Perfection wouldn't do otherwise we wouldn;t get married at all
Facial imperfections are attractive to me, they make you what you are. Couldn't be doing with everyone looking the same....
However, in personal finance regarding scams then yes, things should be perfect!